Officially named “Whitney Lake”, the lake is more commonly known as “Lake Whitney”.
- Originally authorized by U.S. Congress in 1941.
- Construction began in 1947 (delayed because of WW II), and was completed in 1951.
- Primary purpose then, and now, is flood control.
- Located in the Brazos River Basin, between Bosque and Hill counties.
- Operated by the Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District.
~ Lake ~
~ Dam ~
~ Powerhouse ~