Member Events & News´s archives ↓
On September 12, 1976, a group of 40 Christians met at the Lions Club in Whitney to worship their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. They were led by Rev. Jerome Teichmiller, who at the time served as the pastor of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Clifton.
By Pentecost of 1977 they had completed the necessary work for them to charter and give birth to Our Savior Lutheran Church of Whitney.
We invite you to join us for the celebration of the 40th birthday of Our Savior Lutheran Church on Pentecost, June 4, 2017 at 4 pm. A light reception will be offered. To help us prepare, please RSVP by phone to 254-694-3234, or by email to PWottrich@aol.com, no later than Friday, 5/26.
The celebration will be held at the church properties located at 117 HCR 2129E, just south of Highway 22 less than a mile west of the intersection of highways 22 and 933.
Chartering Pastor, Rev. Teichmiller, will be the featured guest at our celebration. Present Pastor, Rev. Philip Wottrich, will be there as well. And we hope you will, too!
Dear Community Member,
As you plan upcoming meetings for your organization, we invite you to consider scheduling a speaker from the Hill Regional Hospital Speakers’ Bureau. Along with the Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce, we have teamed up with professionals from different fields in our community that enjoy speaking to groups on a wide range of topics—from health topics and nutrition to business tactics and working with your local government.
Our variety of both speakers and topics allows us to accommodate most requests—whether your group meets during the day or evening. Our speakers can also customize their information to the demographics of your organization to help ensure the talk is most relevant to your members/guests.
We are looking forward to offering this service to the people in Hill County as we continue grow our community. Feel free to contact me with questions at 254-580-8952 or Katie_Pavelka@chs.net
Please take a look at our ‘Presentation Topics’ List* (attached) and if you are interested in scheduling one of our speakers, complete the Speakers’ Bureau Request Form. This form may be returned by:
- scan/email to: Katie_Pavelka@chs.net
- fax to: 254.582.2144
- mail to: Hill Regional Hospital c/o Katie Pavelka, 101 Circle Dr., Hillsboro TX 76645
If you have a request for a specific topic not listed, a specific speaker, or would like to discuss other options please contact us directly. We look forward to partnering with you to plan an interesting presentation for your organization or group!
Director of Marketing
Check out some of the Auction Items we have received for the Awards Dinner – Thursday, February 2, 2017!
A big thank you to these donors:
- A Tisket A Tasket – Two (2) Gift Certificates
- Arrowhead Resort – Butterfly Glass Picture Frame
- Brookshire’s– Four (4) Gift Cards
- Cherokee Village Resort – Stoneware Crock Pitcher/Hand Painted & Texas Coffee Table Book
- Citizens State Bank – Camo Cooler Bag w/Supplies
- Family Home Health Care – Autographed Hank Blalock Baseball & Autographed Troy Aikman Photo
- First Bank & Trust – Black & Decker Chain Saw & Black & Decker Blower/Vac/Mulcher
- HILCO Electric Co-op, Inc. –Painted Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse
- Lake Whitney Dental – Two (2) Phillips Sonicare Toothbrush Sets
- Lake Whitney Garden Club – 16” Blue Ceramic Planter
- Penney Crafts – Barbed Wire Cross / Handcrafted with area barbed wire
- Qwik Pack & Ship – Purse with Matching Wallet
- Sydell Riverplace Pottery – Four (4) Crosses & Bowl / Handcarved stoneware & porcelain featuring the romantic technique of Majolica by Jeanne Sydell
- The Outpost – Dick’s Canoes – Two (2) Canoe or Kayak Trips
- Town Hall Estates – 12” & 10” Ceramic Planters
Auction: Your donation of items for the live auction and silent auction will help the chamber keep up the good work of promoting Lake Whitney and supporting other projects that make the city and lake area a better place to live, work and play.
We want to make sure that your organization will get much-deserved publicity
for the items that you donate. Early donations will have their item listed and pictured in the newsletter, on our website and Facebook each week. Please turn in your item to the chamber office by January 30, 2017. If you need to have someone pick up your item, please call the chamber office at 254-694-2540.
If you would like to donate money rather than merchandise, it is most welcome.
The chamber will see that the cash donation is also recognized.
Promote your business: The LWCC would also like to give you an opportunity to promote your goods and/or services. You may turn in 20-50 “gimme” items (e.g. pens, caps, cups, notepads, rack cards, brochures, etc) to the chamber office. These items will be available on the hall tables for the guests to see and take.
January 12 – Quarterly Luncheon Noon – Hillsboro Country Club Panel Discussion on Business Financing
- Why do you need the financing?
- What documentation do you need to qualify for a BUSINESS LOAN?
- What does the loan officer want to know about your business?
- What does the loan officer want to know about your long-range plans?
- How do you plan to use the funding?
- When do you need the financial resources?
- How do you show cash flow history, projections and sustainability?
- Are there any surprises in your Credit History?
- Show Collateral availability
- What does the loan officer need to know about you?
- Panel – Representatives from:
- Lone Star Ag Credit êAgTexas Farm Credit
- Citizens National Bank ê Well Fargo Bank
- First National Bank of Central TexasêFirst Central Credit Union
- RSVP by January 9
Major Employer Breakfast
Brought to you by: Hillsboro Economic Development Corporation Hillsboro Area Chamber of Commerce
Time & Date: January 20, 2017
Friday: 7:30 am – 8 am Networking, 8 am to 9 am – Breakfast
Place: A Tiskit A Taskit – 71 North Waco Hillsboro, TX
RSVP by January 17, 2017
Plant Manager & Leadership Team are invited
Golf Tournament at White Bluff Resort / New Golf Course
We are going to have the Santa Shoot Out Golf Tournament at White Bluff Resort on Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. (December 17 if bad weather).
BOSSIER Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has donated a 2017 Jeep Cherokee, valued at $26,000.00 as the Hole in One prize, plus other items for Par 3 holes.
There will also be prizes and awards for Closest to the Hole, Longest Drive and special prizes from donors and golf prizes from Dixon Golf Challenge.
We would like to thank the following members for their advance sponsorship of several of the holes available:
o BOSSIER Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
o HILCO Electric Co-Op., Inc.
o Bosque Real Estate
o Divine Living Assistance Services
o American Self Storage
o TNMP (Texas New Mexico Power)
o Darren Hayes Insurance Agency
o First Central Credit Union
If you would like to sponsor a hole for $100 we would be very grateful for your sponsorship pledge. Don’t miss this opportunity to market your products and services to our tournament participants!
We are also in need of some “goodies” for the players bags, such as you give us for our welcome bags.
We are very excited about this event and hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you all very much!
Sign-ups are now underway for the Santa Shootout Golf Tournament to be held Saturday, December 10, at White Bluff’s New Course.
The tournament is open to men and women golfers and is limited to the first 72 players to sign up.
Entry fee is $250 per team or $70 per player. The cost includes green fee, cart for two and lunch at Trophy Grill.
The four-person scramble will begin with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. and deadline to register is Monday, December 5.
Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place teams, longest drive and closest to the hole.
Bossier Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Hillsboro is offering a hole-in-one prize.
Sponsorships are also available. To inquire about a $100 hole sponsorship or to make another donation, contact the Lake Whitney Chamber of Commerce at 254-694-2540.
Downtown Whitney * Saturday, Dec. 3 * 10:00am–5:00pm
Sidewalk Vendor Space is available for a $20.00 donation and will be donated to the Whitney Area Food Bank.
Arts ~ Crafts ~ Baked Goods ~ Etc. ~ Plus all the Merchants will have holiday specials! Food downtown all day at the End Zone and Cattle Guard Steakhouse.