First Central Credit Union has been serving the Waco area since 1937, striving to provide the best financial services for its members. In the beginning, First Central was formed by 14 Southwestern Bell Telephone
employees in 1937 and was named Waco Telco Credit Union. In 1977, Texas Power and Light employees joined with Waco Telco. A few years later, in 1980, Brazos Electric Co-op Credit Union merged with the group as well. Membership has grown to include employees from Dealers Electric, Davis Iron Works, and many other local companies.
With its community charter, First Central offers memberships to anyone who either lives or works in McLennan County. In 2004, our field of membership grew to include anyone who lives, works or worships within 10 miles of our Hillsboro office, at 225 E. Franklin Street. “We are growing and we hope to continue growing by offering a full spectrum of financial services with a commitment to service delivery that is second to none,” states President Jo Betsy Tyler.
What started out with only 14 members has, more than 72 years later, become a credit union with more than 9,000 members and exceeds $47 million in assets.
305 Coke Street
Hillsboro, Texas 76645
Phone Number: (254) 582-2489
Fax Number: (254) 582-3285
Click here for a map!